This recipe is a firm favourite with owner Sarah, who regularly pulls this easy recipe out of her repertoire for our guests. It’s yummy and easy and one you can do at home to wow your guests.
Korean Venison Bulgogi
- 600grams venison (150 grams per person)
- 8 Spring Onions
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup of light soy sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup soya bean oil
- Cut the venison into strips or use pre-prepared venison strips.
- Toast the sesame seeds until lightly toasted. Cool and grind into a fine powder with a spice of tour choice. Use a coffee or small grinder.
- For the marinade, combine the soy sauce, grated ginger and soya bean oil and combine well. Use enough mix to cover the venison stir-fry and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Slice the spring onions into lozenges (Chinese style slices).
- Heat a heavy pan, work or BBQ until very hot. Add a touch of sesame oil for cooking and stir-fry the marinated venison very quickly for 1 minute. Add the Spring Onions and mix quickly.
- Serve for dinner or lunch with steamed rice or casually in rolls for a quick snack.