Whether it’s a long hot summers day in New Zealand or snowing outside as you hang the Christmas stockings, you can’t go wrong with a venison bacon burger. These tasty, juicy venison burgers make a great change from normal beef patties.
Prep Time: 20mins
Cook Time: 20mins
Additional Time: 20mins
Total Time: 1 hour
- 6 slices bacon, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten to mix
- 6 hamburger buns
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crispy. Pour bacon and grease into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add shallots and garlic. Cook and stir until softened, about 3 minutes. Mix with bacon.
- Mix venison with cooled bacon mixture. Season with Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir in egg until evenly combined. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Shape venison mixture into 6 patties and grill to desired doneness. Serve on toasted hamburger buns with your favorite toppings.